You can only replace items in your order with other items that have the same price. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll update your order.
You can’t, so please contact us and we will do it for you.
No, this is not possible. Each product version is independent.
No. We developed one iOS app 2 years ago, but it was a bad move as the Android App evolves constantly and we cannot maintain 2 apps at the same time. But one day we will… Also we can’t afford spending more than 1000€ on a single phone 🙂
Nordic or CC1111 are not planned to be open source. But we are working on “starter” code, like some basic BSP code to use the UART, GPIO, SPI, USB etc.
Yes, if the length is < 16bits. But it is not plug and play. You will have to configure PandwaRF with the correct settings (frequency, modulation, data rate, symbols etc).
We kindly remind you that brute forcing something that doesn’t belong to you is very very bad. Don’t do it. Seriously.
The PandwaRF uses a cloud connection to check for FW updates, provide anonymous statistic data about crashes, ANR etc. This is default Android/Google behaviour.
But you can still use your PandwaRF without being connected, it will work. However you won’t receive any FW update and will not be able to use the “Post data to API” feature (cf. github.com/ComThings/PandwaRF/wiki/Android-RX-Data-Post-Rest-API).
And we will not be able to spy on you and make money by selling your personal data to evil third parties. No, we are kidding.
No, it cannot be used with GNU radio, as PandwaRF is not a SDR and doesn’t send/receive IQ samples.
Bluetooth Smart (aka Bluetooth Low Energy – BLE) is not the same as Bluetooth.
Unfortunately PandwaRF cannot use normal Bluetooth.
We have added this message “The device does not have a Bluetooth feature” to indicate the lack of Bluetooth Smart HW support from your phone.
In doubt, please install System Info for Android or equivalent and check in System/Functionalities if you see android.hardware.bluetooth.le.
If you don’t, your phone doesn’t support Bluetooth Smart. Keep it preciously, it is a collector.
Possible applications include:
- Receive keyfobs transmission (car, alarm, gate opener, …)
- Replay captured transmission from keyfobs
- Replay a modified captured transmission
- Transmit your own custom payload
- Capture RF data and transmit it on another frequency
- Brute force wireless devices (alarms, gate openers, ..)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Find the frequency used by a RF device
- Reverse engineer unknown protocols
- Measure the data rate of a transmission
- Check the RF jam-resistance of your own devices
- Send captured data to a server for post-processing
- Develop your own Android application
We normally ship once or twice a week, so your order may be shipped between 1 day and 1 week after you made the payment.
We’ll mark your order as:
- completed: when it is ready and shipping has been scheduled with the delivery service
- fulfilled: when the order has been shipped
You’ll also receive an email with the tracking number once it has been shipped.
If you’re interested in becoming a reseller, please contact us.
You can link with PandwaRF using an Android/iOS smartphone with a Bluetooth Smart feature.
In some cases, you will need a higher throughput than what BLE can offer, so you will have to use PandwaRF using its USB port.
You can connect PandwaRF to an Android Smartphone with an USB Host mode (the USB host mode is supported in Android 3.1 and higher) using a USB micro Male/Male cable.
You can also connect PandwaRF to a computer (Linux) and use #rfcat Python scripts or our native C stack to send/receive data.
Some pieces are definitely open source (e.g. the #rfcat fork that we have made), and others will also be open source as they are important for developers in order to use PandwaRF
Other pieces are custom parts of our CTbee product, and cannot be disclosed without altering our relationship with existing CTbee customers.
But we will release everything needed for developers in order to use PandwaRF.
PandwaRF can be paired with a smartphone & used immediately after unboxing.
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF51822 Multiprotocol Bluetooth® low energy/2.4 GHz RF System on Chip with ARM® Cortex™-M0
- Texas Instruments CC1111 Low-Power SoC (System-on-Chip) with MCU, Memory, Sub-1 GHz RF Transceiver, and USB Controller
- Micro USB type B connection with full-speed USB 2.0 interface
- SPI memory
- Fuel Gauge
- 300mAh LiPo battery
- 4 buttons
- 3 LEDs
- preflashed with bootloaders and rfcat
- Firmware: we provide firmware (binary & source) for both MCUs: Nordic nRF51822 & TI CC1111
- Software libraries: we provide Android/iOS/native C libraries
- Reference application: we provide Android/iOS/native C reference test applications